Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Part-time, seasonal
Location: Santa Cruz County
Bike Santa Cruz County Education Fund (BSCC) is a non-profit membership-based organization that promotes bicycling through advocacy, education, and community building. Our goal is for people of all ages and abilities to feel comfortable riding their bikes for daily trips.
BSCC is hiring a Bike Parking Coordinator to manage bicycle parking on scheduled days at events contracted with various cities and event organizers. This position will include full responsibility for the security of bicycles, supervision of bicycle parking volunteers, and solving problems as they arise. If you are an effective and engaging communicator who is passionate about improving our world by making bicycling easier for everyone, this is the position for you!
Responsibilities will include:
- Inventory materials and resources needed for each event
- Coordinate transportation of said materials and ensure their return to office
- Manage volunteers with assistance from BSCC staff
- Communicate with Executive Director regularly for quality assurance
- Supervise bike parking corral at events
- Ensure utmost security of corrals
- Resolve any disputes between corral users and/or direct to Executive Director
- Track usage and sales, if any, at each event
- Prepare information for reports for each event to be utilized for future planning
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision, and programs of BSCC to users
- Ensure that all corral users have a top quality customer experience
- Respond in a timely fashion to BSCC staff regarding staffing/scheduling for events
- Previous experience working with volunteers
- Ability to communicate within a team to achieve the greater goals
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Willingness to haul a sometimes heavy trailer by bike for events within 3 miles of office
- Access to car and cellphone
The right candidate for BSCC’s Bike Parking Coordinator position will:
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador of BSCC’s mission and vision
- Thrive in an outdoor and often harsh weather (hot/wet/cold) environment
- Have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings and weekends
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Prior experience with bicycle valet services
Hourly rate of $16
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume, saved in PDF format, to email@example.com. Please include “Bike Parking Coordinator Candidate, [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line, and be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Bike Santa Cruz County Education Fund is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.