By becoming a member of Bike Santa Cruz County, you’re investing in making Santa Cruz County a leader in bike-friendly infrastructure and policies, and helping to encourage more people to get on bikes.
MEMBERS GET PERKS
The Bicycle Trip:15% off parts and accessories (excludes bikes, labor, and special orders)
Spokesman Bicycles: 10% off parts and accessories (excludes bikes and service)
Current eBikes: 10% off parts and accessories (excludes bikes, rentals, and service)
Mission Hill Creamery: 10% off artisan lice cream and other handmade treats!
OUR MEMBERS HAVE HELPED US ADVOCATE FOR and achieve:
- Passage of the Active Transportation Plan and installment of a contra-flow bike lane on Pacific Ave.
- Construction of the Branciforte Creek Bridge
- $110K in new funding for green lane treatments in Santa Cruz and Capitola
- Completion of the Multi-use Arana Gulch Trail connecting Live Oak residents to Downtown Santa Cruz
- Bike lanes on Soquel Avenue and the protected bike lane on Beach Street
- Green lane treatments at freeway on-ramps, including Soquel Drive, 41st Avenue, and Freedom Boulevard
- New bike lanes on Main Street in Watsonville
- Delivering bikes to 150 kids per year in Watsonville and Live Oak through our Earn-A-Bike programs
- Funding for the first West Side Santa Cruz segment of the Rail Trail, breaking ground in Spring 2018
- The Spring 2018 launch of Social Bicycles bike share program in Santa Cruz
- Funding for Safe Routes to School programs using Measure D funds
- Multiple county-wide Open Streets events
- Working to complete the bike lane and green lane network around the county
SUPPORT THE BUSINESSES THAT SUPPORT BIKE SANTA CRUZ COUNTY!
- Bay Area Bicycle Law: free, no-obligation consultations
- The Bike Church
- Blix Electric Bikes
- Caletti Cycles
- ComForcare Home Care
- Eileen Cavalier Psychotherapy
- Law Office of Daniel H. Rose - Bicycle Lawyers: free, no-obligation case evaluation with senior bicycle attorney
- Santa Cruz Pedicab
- Skip Leonard Insurance Agency, State Farm Agent
- Staff of Life Natural Foods Market: support Bike Santa Cruz County with your store bag tokens! We earn $.05 for every bag you don't use.
About your privacy: we collects personal information when you join or donate online, including names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and billing information. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13. As a member, you should know that we do not sell contact information to anyone. From time to time, however, never exceeding twice annually, we may trade physical mailing addresses with trusted local bike advocacy groups that share a stake in our mission.
IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT OUR COMMUNICATIONS POLICY, PLEASE EMAIL DIRECTOR@BIKESANTACRUZCOUNTY.ORG.
4 REASONS TO BECOME A BIKE-FRIENDLY BUSINESS:
- Bike infrastructure is good for business - A study in Toronto concluded that "the addition of bike lanes would be unlikely to harm local businesses and predicted that commercial activity on the street would increase.”
- Being recognized as a bike-friendly business shows customers you value the planet and healthy communities - Referring to a study of Greater Portland, "marketing to cyclists is likely to generate a positive expenditure return for businesses...”
- Encouraging employees to bike reduces healthcare costs - "Increased levels of fitness and health...result in real cost savings and employers have healthier employees who miss fewer days of work."
- Bicycling customers spend more per month than driving customers - “People who had biked and walked to the area reported that they spent more money in the area per month than those who drove."
Bike Santa Cruz County’s Business Members not only help sustain our programs, but they also get some great benefits in return. Find out more or sign-up to be a member by filling out the following form. We’ll be in touch with you shortly!