San Lorenzo Valley / Highway 9 Corridor Plan
Would you walk and bike on Highway 9 if it were safer? The Regional Transportation Commission has drafted a plan to do just that. They're proposing improvements on the section of Highway 9 that connects the towns of Felton, Ben Lomond, Brookdale, and Boulder Creek and parallel and connecting streets, roadways, and paths.
The following list is the SLV / Hwy 9 Corridor Plan identified projects, each with potential variations.
- Improved bicycle and pedestrian connection – Henry Cowell State Park to Felton
- More organized parking/frontage in downtown Felton
- Bicycle and pedestrian access at Graham Hill Road intersection
- Bicycle and pedestrian connection to SLV schools from central Felton
- Transit and sidewalk access improvements SLV school entrance to Fall Creek Drive
- Improved bicycle and pedestrian connection from schools north to El Solyo Heights Drive
- Crossing and Pedestrian Improvements at/to Mill Street/Highway 9 in Ben Lomond
- Pathway on SW side of SR 9 from Quality Inn/bridge south to Mill Street in Ben Lomond
- Add crosswalk bulb-outs in downtown Boulder Creek
- Sidewalk seating and storefront improvements in downtown Boulder Creek
Read more about the plan here: sccrtc.org/slv
Bike Santa Cruz County wants to hear from you! We are working to identify the community's top priorities and will be holding a meeting on September 20, 2017, at 6 - 7:30 pm at the San Lorenzo Valley Elementary School. We will work with our partners at the Regional Transportation Commission to ensure your voices are heard. Sign-up for email updates below.
Campaign Kickoff Meeting
Location: SLV Elementary School, 7155 CA-9, Felton, CA 95018
Date: Wednesday, September 20th
Time: 6:00 - 7:30 pm
- What is the SLV/Hwy 9 Corridor Plan?
- What are the challenges of implementing the projects outlined in the plan?
- We want to hear from you! Which projects are the most important to you?
- How are you willing to help us?
Bike Santa Cruz County will be working in the San Lorenzo Valley in the next several months to make sure your voice is being heard. If you are interested in being part of our field team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not able to donate time? Please consider contributing $5, $10, or $20 to help fund Bike Santa Cruz County's work in the San Lorenzo Valley.